Early Childhood Circle Time
Free Music Therapy E-course
© 2012 MusicWorksPublications.com
Optional 5 CMTE credits
only $5.00 per CMTE credit
To order the Early Childhood Circle Time e-course, simply send a quick email
request to CathyKnoll@MusicWorksPublications.com
Early Childhood Circle Time, a free music therapy on-line, self-study e-course, is filled with step-by-step guidelines and field-tested strategies for managing a music therapy group experience with preschoolers. The e-course includes a pdf workbook and audio segments for each chapter. Optional: 5 hours CMTE credit for only $25.00.
Chapter 1: Brief overview of music therapy in early childhood
Chapter 2: Three distinct worlds of preschoolers
Chapter 3: Setting the stage for success
Chapter 4: Managing behavior in circle time
Chapter 5: Real-life situations in early childhood music therapy groups
Optional CMTE credits. Music therapists can earn 5 pre-approved CMTE credits
for the Early Childhood Circle Time e-course for just $5 per credit hour by
reviewing the workbook materials, listening to the audio segments, answering
the questions for each chapter, and then completing the CMTE application
packet. You may take the e-course now and apply for credits anytime in the
future. Whether you take the e-course for CMTE credit or not, Music Works
Publications commends you for taking steps to boost your professional
development. Complete information about earning CMTE credits is in the back
of your workbook. Click on CMTE Information page for details.
Learning Objectives for Early Childhood Circle Time
1. Evaluate how music therapy fits within the overall therapeutic program.
2010 CBMT Scope of Practice 1.C.4.
2. Design programs to reinforce goals and objectives for implementation
outside the music therapy setting. 2010 CBMT Scope of Practice 1.C.15.
3. Consider client’s age, culture, music background, and preferences when
designing music therapy experiences. 2010 CBMT Scope of Practice 1.C.9.
4. Consider length of treatment when establishing client goals and
objectives. 2010 CBMT Scope of Practice 1.C.5.
5. Create environment or space conducive to client engagement. 2010 CBMT
Scope of Practice 1.C.8.
6. Create music therapy experiences that address client goals and
objectives. 2010 CBMT Scope of Practice 1.C.10.
7. Structure and organize music therapy experiences within each session to
create therapeutic contour (e.g., transitions, pacing, sequencing, energy
level, intensity.) 2010 CBMT Scope of Practice 1.C.14.
8. Implementation: Develop a therapeutic relationship. 2010 CBMT Scope of
9. Implementation: Provide music therapy experiences to address client’s
specific needs. 2010 CBMT Scope of Practice 2.A.2.
10. Exercise leadership and/or group management skills. 2010 CBMT Scope of
Practice 2. A. 5. U.
11. Recognize and respond to situations in which there are clear and present
dangers to a client and/or others. 2010 CBMT Scope of Practice 2. B. 1.
Statement of relationship to CBMT: Early Childhood Circle Time is approved
by the Certification Board of Music Therapists (CBMT) for 5 Continuing Music
Therapy Education credits (CMTE). Credits awarded by CBMT are accepted by
the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC). Music Works
Publications, S-001, maintains responsibility for program quality and
adherence to CBMT policies and criteria. See the CMTE Information page for
To order, simply send a quick e-mail request for this free e-course, Early
Childhood Circle Time, to CathyKnoll@MusicWorksPublications.com